Amanda Joy BFA- Left is Always Right

"Left is Always Right"

Screen Print
14"x14"
Printmaking 2200
April 2017


From a young age I knew that something was different.  There were always multiple kids named Amanda in my classes… but I was the only one that was left handed.  There was only one pair of left handed scissors in the elementary class’ broken and weathered pencil box.  Having to dig through the box to find that one engraved LEFTY pair, took more time than it should have. 
           
This was advantageous for my cognitive processes.  To learn to circumvent a system built for a specific group of people (righties), facilitated what could have been a constant frustration.  I am a member of a unique group, that has had to learn to function in an alternate way.  I have had to develop a way of thinking and a way of life, that 90% of the world’s population has overlooked. 


I am weird, and that is okay!